Wednesday 27 May 2020

#BlackLivesMatter



Dear George Floyd!

I'm sorry we've met in this manner,
As I write this,
My heart is filled with inexpressible pain and sorrow,
It's unfortunate that the world has gotten to know you in a way that no human deserves to be known
At the point of your untimely death.

I can tell you were a fighter,
I've watched you fight to live under the knees of an officer,
They had your hands down, you still fought with your voice
And I can't breath is the statement you said more than once...

Were they listening?
Were they thinking about your pain?
Could they feel the groan in your voice?
Do they have brothers, sons and fathers?
I wonder,
Do they even have a heart?

It didn't have to end like this,
But it has,
Does it have to take another black life for us to realize that we are first humans before we are coloured?

I can't imagine what's going on in the hearts and minds of your family and friends.
No one deserves to see a loved one die in this manner.
You've died a fighter, fighting for your very life.

Your death is an awakening for us to start living as humans, coloured or not
For us to value life more
For governments to deal with their citizens in a respectful way
For policies to change
For love to be our uniting factor
And if tired is what we have been waiting for,
Watching you die has moved us beyond tired of racism
Something has to change!

My prayers goes out to everyone affected in one way or another by this evil #racism!
My deepest condolences to the family and friends!
I'm praying for you!

Heart felt,
Winnie Doxa.
_
Rest In Power! 

From the collection #BrokenPieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment