Sunday 12 April 2020

#Covered


   It Covers Me!


Hi God,
How are you doing?

Well,
I bet you are fine,
I mean, you are God.
Right!

So,
Alot has been happening lately,
Ok, let me go way back.
I was a good Christian, at least I thought so
I worked deligently,
I honored those in authority,
I paid my tithes and offering
I helped the needy,
I went to church,
I was involved in service
And occasionally I prayed and studied my Bible.

God speaking, (claps)
Winnie,
I'm fine thank you,
Tell me more about you,
Cleary you must have been a classic Christian
You were so self approved,
For you it was just about the routine, right?
Meeting the deadline,
Showing up when it favored your image
Giving when it was convenient for you
And serving, because you thought that I needed it...mmh!
I don't!

Winnie
OK,
Wait,
Are you saying all that didn't count?
Are you saying, I'm not a classic Christian?
Come on Dad,
I can't be that bad.
I'm born again, I gave my life to You way back when I was a child.
And if you ask me, I think I've tried to stick to the narrow path...
Anyway, all that is besides the point.

Lately,
Things have been so difficult,
My movements restricted,
I lost my job,
Schools closed, so I'm back to the drawing board,
The bills are calling,
No more church to serve you from
The atmosphere is sorrounded by fear
And to be more honest,
I've been having some serious introspection...

God
Tell me about it...

Winnie
It's about your blood,
I've realized how it has been covering me all through,
I remember the countless times you were leading me but I turned away,
The times I chose my will over yours,
Yet you took me through,
The times I hurt the very people you call your children,
The times I lied,
The times I was prideful and selfish,
Yet, Your blood still covered me,
Yet, You still kept me,
You sustained me,
You remained faithful even when I cheated on You.
I'm sorry...
Please let's start all over again!

And,
I think I know why You did all that...
It's because of the blood,
It covers me,
It covered all my sins, failures and short comings,
It covered my foolishness,
It covered my arrogance,
It covered my fears,
It covered my mistakes,
It covered my waywardness,
And everything in between.
These are tough times for me God, for us, really...
But please keep me ( us) reminded that the blood that Jesus shed on the cross covered me (us) then,
And it shall continue to cover me (us), even now!

And no matter what happens tomorrow ,
May I rest in the confidence that it was finished!
That the old is gone and the new has come,
But when I don't, please remind me that I'm still covered!

God
I've heard you my dear,
Do not fear!

Signed,
Winnie Doxa.

#FindingGrace!
#KeepingHopeAlive!
#HappyEaster2020!
#HeTakesUsThrough!

Photo courtesy of @EutychusFortunate 

No comments:

Post a Comment